Thursday, September 10, 2009

basted and ready to go



My quilt top is finished and ready to be basted!! I had a few hick-ups on this one.....mainly because my brain wasn't really working yesterday. I blame it on sleep depravation! Either way, I have a few seams that didn't really need to be. Fortunately, my son will never know the difference, and I will have to live with it. The overall look of the top is exactly what I was looking for, so that will have to be enough.

I am really excited about this Ross find last night. A twin size bed sheet that will be the backing of the quilt. I think the sharks are going to be the perfect touch! I am really excited to get quilting away,( I have an idea in my head to create a wave pattern in the stitching) but sadly it will have to wait until Monday. I am off for a weekend away with my husband, child free!! It sounds exciting, but if I know myself, I will miss them terribly after the first day!

2 comments: