Tuesday, June 8, 2010

home again

I returned home from Portland with a serious loot of fabric!! So much actually that I had to buy a bag at the airport to put it all in (thank goodness my flight wasn't full otherwise I would have had to check it). Not only did I find some amazing fabric at Cool Cotton, but I also got to shop raid the shop with my blog pal Heather! I preempted her with "don't judge me on how much fabric I buy" because I had the "I am on vacation" free for all attitude! No holding back...I grabbed it all and bought it all!!


Here we are, proudly displaying all our loot (yes....all that fabric under my hand is mine). Now I have to tell you, Heather is a RIOT!! We talked non stop at such a rapid pace that I think we left all those around us spinning, only pausing long enough to take a breath of air and to let one another grab another bolt of fabric! 

Now that I am back home, it is time for me to get to work on prepping for our move and making a quilt for my youngest son. He is moving into his own room for the first time when we move and has requested a new quilt for his bed. So between some of my finds in Portland and a recent order from Kerri's shop, Sewdeerlyloved, I think I have everything I need to get started.


5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Both the shopping and the talkin' :) Good luck with your quilt your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE to know where you got your HR gold fish in a bag! I am going in Portland in TWO weeks! SPILL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh love that stack! I'm excited to see what you make out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such... such... a fantastic time shopping with you and your girl!!! you are quite the hoot too with all you sassiness... i can see us being very good friends for a long time!! :) next time though... we're so doing it right with warm weather and the purl!! ( wink, wink )

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so very fun having you, Heather, and Tess at cool cottons! Can't wait to see what you create with your goodies.
    See you next time you're in Portland.
    pam and marie
    cool cottons

    ReplyDelete