My far far away quilt is finally done! It is a bit simpler than I thought it would be, but as soon as I started working with the fabric, I knew that I wanted the patterns to really be the focus. I love the way the stripped quilting turned out, even though it took quite a bit of time. The lines are about 3/4 of an inch apart, except for where the princess is. The wider stripe ensured that I wouldn't stitch though her face, and makes her stand out.
The dresden plate really gives this quilt a special touch, and makes a nice focal point. It was my first time rounding the edges instead of doing the points, and to my delight, I like the finished look. I was worried I wouldn't like the more appliqued look, but I don't mind it at all.
I finished the quilt off with a green and white polka dot pattern to offset the brown and pink.
The overall size is of a standard throw quilt 50x60, and makes perfect addition to the edge of my daughter's bed.