Tuesday, October 6, 2009

far far away



My far far away quilt is finally done! It is a bit simpler than I thought it would be, but as soon as I started working with the fabric, I knew that I wanted the patterns to really be the focus. I love the way the stripped quilting turned out, even though it took quite a bit of time. The lines are about 3/4 of an inch apart, except for where the princess is. The wider stripe ensured that I wouldn't stitch though her face, and makes her stand out.


The dresden plate really gives this quilt a special touch, and makes a nice focal point. It was my first time rounding the edges instead of doing the points, and to my delight, I like the finished look. I was worried I wouldn't like the more appliqued look, but I don't mind it at all.

I finished the quilt off with a green and white polka dot pattern to offset the brown and pink.
The overall size is of a standard throw quilt 50x60, and makes perfect addition to the edge of my daughter's bed.


6 comments:

  1. Love love love that perfectly perfect round and stripy ffa dresden!!!! very clever:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sensational quilt! I just love this range..the dresden plate looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to your blog for the quilt festival...and am sooooo glad I lingered. This quilt is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I love it! I've been waiting to find an excuse to buy that gorgeous fabric. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa, that's awesome. I think I want to "borrow" your idea for my Far Far Away quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete