Sunday, March 13, 2011

Simply thumpty thump

I have tried for a long time to resist entering the world of Blythe...but then I saw my friend Jaime's girl. She has Simply Peppermint (named Pipa) and it was my first time seeing a Blythe doll in person. Needless to say, I could resist no longer...


Our girl arrived yesterday and I can't even express to you how excited Izzy was. 


We adore her purple hair and sweet face...now we just need to decide on her name. We have narrowed it down to Violet or Viola. 

Now I am off to make her a dress, we are not fond of the one she came in.....and maybe do a little clothes and shoe shopping. Well after I pry her out of Izzy's little hands...my daughter is in love.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these dolls so much! I just can't bring myself to pay so much for a doll... Where did you buy her? She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always name her Jonni Jump-Up - that's what we call the little wild violas that pop up in the yard....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I bought one inspired by Amy from Badskirt. They are a little addictive. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a blonde Blythe doll as a child - she now lives in my attic. Seems they are making their comeback! My mom used to make "vogue 70's dresses for her". Still have all those outfits. Have fun "clothes" shopping!

    ReplyDelete